Disclaimer

This site is intended for entertainment purposes only. If you ask for my advice and actually end up taking it, that's up to you. I am not a psychic, psychotherapist, counselor, or any of that stuff. I'm just someone with too much time on her hands so I thought I'd try to make people giggle.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Universal Truth

A.A. asks, "Why, Miss Kitty? WHY?!?

Thank you, Miss Kitty. Hope all is well. Happy New Year. I look forward to your reply.

A."


Such a polite email for such a passionate question. And the answer is very simple.

Because.

Because the Earth revolves around the Sun. Because gravity keeps us here. Because it feels good. Because he makes me smile. Because I think single spaces after a period make text look smooshed together and sometimes I want to give my readers a bit more of a pause than just one space will allow. Because they scored more points. Because I love you. Because she's your wife. Because he's my best friend. Because if you don't, you'll get fired. Because if you do, you'll get hurt. Because that's where the Boogie Man lives. Because that information is on a "need to know" basis and you don't need to know. Because we borrowed it from the Germans. Because it's more fun to paint things that don't really exist. Because he did too many drugs in his teens. Because she always looks bored and pissy. Because he is over-exposed. Because that's what they think we want. Because that's what we think we want. Because he's funny and charming and smart and damn fine to look at. Because I just want to make people laugh. Because we're not going anywhere else. Because it's time. Because it's easy. Because if someone were to turn this into a monologue, they would need to know each circumstance to give each answer it's proper weight and I would love to see them try. Because it's fun. Because he's a genius. Because the work being produced there is stimulating and exciting. Because it's warmer. Because it's snowing. Because there is honestly no good reason to let the phone ring three times before you answer it when your job is to answer the phone. Because nobody knows. Because everyone is nosy. Because we need to fill our lives with something to distract ourselves from the futility of it all. Because nobody wants to be forgotten.

Why?

Because I said so and I'm your mother, that's why.

Thank you, A.A. for your question! Keep 'em coming, guys! askmisskittyanything@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment